Wednesday, August 18, 2010

From the Gnome... About this blog

In 2004, I left my corporate job and started a new journey. For a month or so, I wasn't sure what to do. I worked on my resume, but I just didn't feel right about getting back into a corporate role. I started a project that turned into a hobby, that turned into a business.

The Metro Gnome was my first website. I worked on it for a year and published 5 issues. Then I incorporated all of that content into Hotsource, a business I co-founded with Sue Stanbridge. In 2008, Sue and I sold Hotsource to another company, and we started to focus on other things....

I have let the www.themetrognome.com.au domain name go, but I've captured the articles here so I can look back on them and remember. This blog is an archive.

My interviews with Jon Stevens and Ian Moss are personal highlights. But as I moved articles over to this blog, I was reminded of the wonderful talents and unselfish effort put in by my friends. What a tremendous effort. Thank you!

Thanks in particular to Ben Little, Wayne Tritton, Cyndy Fahnestock, Rosie Oates Tritton, Paul DeCarlo, Angus Thorburn, Doug Lloyd, Michael Rootes, Dai Pritchard, John Swan, Jon Stevens, Ian Moss, Sue Konan, Stacey Morris, Sally-Heath Lloyd (my most diligent supporter and proofreader), Glenn Ford (creative designer of the Metro Gnome image), Tina Broad from Music Play for Life, Greg Dodge who taught me about Weekend Warriors, Rohan Whitmore and Colin at Encode, and all the proofreaders, fans, and friends for helping me start my writing career. It was a confusing time for me. I needed to be creative, to explore strange new worlds, and to figure out what was important to me. Thanks always to Alan, for letting me take the time to find my feet... I love you!

Enjoy! WLC.


No comments:

Post a Comment